Questions to Explore This Week
- How do you distinguish "smart" from "dumb" growth?
- How can officials in NOVA shape where growth occurs?
- How should transportation planning be integrated with land use planning?
- Is the MetroWest project the best "smart growth" example in Fairfax County?
1) What Is Smart About Smart Growth?
- A Primer on Sprawl and Smart Growth
- Principles of Smart Growth
- Sprawl Costs Us All
- The Effects of Sprawl & Poorly Planned Development
- Where We Grow
2) How Can Local Officials Shape Growth in Northern Virginia?
- In This Civil War, It's East vs. West
- explore the County Mapper
- Biotech Puts Down Roots in Virginia, Too
- Eli Lilly's $425M investment 10th largest ever in Va.
- Prince William Shifts Strategy For Struggling Office Park
- High-Tech Hub Still a Work in Progress
- Vint Hill's marching orders
- Commercial Property/Fauquier County, Va.; Flurry of Development at Former Intelligence Post
3) Dumb vs. Smart Transportation
- MetroWest Development Is Approved In Fairfax
- Arlington County, Virginia - National Award for Smart Growth Achievement - 2002 Winners Presentation
- Vanquishing the Density Demon
- Laying Out a Path To Renewal
- What Americans Want: Growth OK If It's 'Smart'
- An Opportunity for Truly Smart Growth in Virginia
- Loudoun Lightning Rod