Questions to Explore This Week
- Which suburbs will morph into "urbs"? Will the remaining suburbs survive if gasoline gets to $10/gallon?
- Can NOVA fund the transportation network required for the projected population growth?
- What areas are likely to become "smart growth" communities?
- Will it matter who is elected?
- Where will history and nature be conserved?
1) How Will the Population and Housing Patterns of Northern Virginia Change?
- Home Size Builds to Crescendo
- look at the Census Bureau Quickfacts site for Virginia
- Fairfax County To Recalculate Disputed 2008 Assessments
- Edge City
- Taming Tysons Corner - Transforming the Quintessential Edge City
- Suburban Soul: Reston Is Hot Property, but Tysons Hums With 'Messy Vitality'
- Tysons Corner's Chaos Hardly Translates Into 'Messy Vitality'
- Overhaul Of Tysons Center Approved
2) Future Political Geography of NOVA
- Virginia's Sham Democracy
3) What Natural and Historic Sites Will the Grandkids See in Northern Virginia?
- Lake Terrapin and the Powell's Creek Watershed
- Special Purchase of Development Rights Edition
- Funding of PDR Program Will Help Preserve Our Cultural Heritage--Harry Atherton
4) What Comes After Sprawl?
5) Can Northern Virginia Growth Continue Forever?